One of the common reasons behind female infertility is PCOS, It causes the ovaries to be larger containing many tiny cysts with immature eggs. It also makes the woman’s body produce more androgens (male hormones), which is why a woman with this condition may have unwanted hair growth. Also, the male hormone (androgens) interferes with ovulation (the development and release of eggs) leading to the release of an unhealthy egg. There is no way sperm can fertilize such an egg meaning pregnant will most likely not occur.
Women can get rid of PCOS symptoms and still get pregnant naturally if certain lifestyles are changing while undergoing natural treatment at the same time. What we’ll be sharing with you in this article are some Nigerian herbs that research has shown to be very effective in treating PCOS and preparing the body for pregnancy. You will learn how to prepare them and how to use them. Let’s dive in.
How Does PCOS Affect Your Body?
- Excess testosterone: we all produce a small amount of testosterone, but when too much is produced, It can prevent ovulation and change your menstrual cycle.
- Insulin resistance: your body has to produce much more insulin than normal to keep blood sugar levels stable. Excess insulin floating around also increases testosterone production and can lead to:
- Reduced fertility
- Irregular or absent periods
- Excess hair on your body and face (hirsutism)
- Less hair on your head (alopecia)
- Changes in your skin, such as acne, or darkened skin patches
Nigerian herbs to clear PCOS and boost fertility
Let’s take a quick look at some of the benefits of these herbs to the condition.
- Ginger is as effective as Clomid (a drug for female fertility issues) without side effects.
- Ginger is very effective in regulating blood sugar levels. it is good for women with PCOS since insulin resistance and high blood sugar is common among them
- Ginger contains a powerful ingredient found to reduce inflammation. this makes it beneficial in reversing PCOS since chronic inflammation is one of it suspected cause.
- Ginger is very effective in losing weight gained as a result of PCOS.
- Ginger boosts the immune system thereby resolving the hormonal imbalances associated with PCOS.
- Turmeric is very effective in improving blood sugar balance and insulin levels, improving insulin sensitivity.
- Turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory. so powerful that its effectiveness matches some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Turmeric helps to Fights depression
- Turmeric helps to eliminate toxins from your liver. Which is important to create hormonal balance
- It lowers your risk of heart disease. Turmeric protects against cardiovascular issues by reducing oxidative stress, apoptosis, and inflammation.
- Lemon helps to keep you hydrated and improve skin appearance reducing acne caused by PCOS.
- Lemon is very good for detoxification, it also boosts the liver’s capacity to produce enzymes more than other food.
- lemon is an immune booster and a good source of potassium. this nutrient promotes brain and nerve function.
- lemon can help reduce weight by suppressing your appetite.
- Lemon helps to get rid of health complications which women with PCOS are prone to, like high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, digestive issues, and so on.
- Cinnamon helps to improve menstrual regularity in PCOS
- Cinnamon has proven to be very effective in lowering glucose, insulin, and cholesterol levels.
- Cinnamon helps to increase serum total antioxidant capacity and improve serum level of total cholesterol.
- Cinnamon is proven to cure type 2 diabetes.
1) Ginger Turmeric Tea
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of crushed black pepper(uziza seed)
- ½ teaspoon of black seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above to the water.
- Boil it for 8–10 minutes and drink. morning and evening.
2) Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Boil the water in a saucepan or stainless steel pot.
- Add the turmeric and ginger to it and heat it down to a simmer.
- Allow it to cool a little.
- Strain the tea into a cup.
- Add black pepper and lemon juice to it and your tea is ready to drink.
3) Cinnamon and Turmeric Tea:
- 1 teaspoon of grated turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 stick of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of
- lemon juice
- 1½ cups of water
- Boil water and add turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon to it.
- Bring it to a boil and then simmer it on low flame for 10–15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add lemon juice to it.
- Drink this tea daily. Before bed.
4) Cayenne Pepper and Turmeric Tea
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup boiled water
- Add cayenne pepper, turmeric, and lemon juice in boiled water.
- Add honey and stir well.
- Drink this warm tea sip by sip. drink morning and before bed twice a week.
5) Cinnamon and honey
Both have been proven to regulate the menstrual cycle and are effective in the treatment of PCOS. combine the cinnamon powder with honey together and have 1 teaspoon once daily.
When dealing with PCOS, Treatment begins with lifestyle changes such as your diet, exercise and so on. If you are overweight, you can aim at losing 5-10% of your weight to improve symptoms and the odds of getting pregnant.
The natural fertility kit is very effective in ameliorating the symptoms of PCOS, by balancing the hormone and reducing weight. it also helps to improve egg quality and simulates ovulation