The Urinary tract is a channel through which your body is able to eliminate waste and excess water. The system consists of the kidney, ureters, bladder, and urethra. The kidney performs the function of filtering, waste, and excess water removal to form urine, which moves down through the ureters to be stored in the bladder till it is ready to come out through the Urethra in a process called Urination.
The opening of the Urethra ends at the Penis for Men and the Vaginal for women.
On this page, we will be making a list of some Nigerian herbs that are very effective in combating Urinary Tract infection. They can also be used to prevent infection as well. You don’t want to miss out on that, keep reading.
Common symptoms of Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- burning feeling when urinating
- frequent or intense urge to urinate
- A very little amount of urine
- Pain or pressure in your back or lower abdominal area
- Cloudy, dark, bloody or strange-smelling urine
- feeling tired or shaky, fever or chills.
Nigerian Herbs used in the Treatment of UTIs
In this section we will be sharing the most effective herbs in Nigeria used in the prevention and also treatment of urinary tract infection. Recipes here are available in Nigeria markets.
1) Garlic, Pawpaw and water leave solution
you will be needing the following:
- Unripe Pawpaw,
- Garlic, and
- Water Leaves
- Get the unripe pawpaw, Wash and cut it into pieces without peeling off the green back.
- Peel off the back of the garlic and knead water leave
- Mix and put all together in a clean white keg
- soak with clean water and allow to ferment for 3 (Three) days.
Drink one cup three(3) times daily.
2) Mint Tea
Mint leaves is also known as peppermint, The leave-in Yoruba is known as Ewe Zoro, or Taniloju used as remedies for numbers of ailment. Research has discovered mint leaves to have antibacterial effects against bacteria that cause UTI like E.coli. it contains compounds that may help reduce bacterial resistance to antibiotics.
What you need
- 1/3 cups of fresh mint leaves
- 2 Teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups of water
- honey and lemon slice (optional)
How to use
- Add mint leave and ginger to the water and Simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir
- Serve with slice of lemon
- Drink 2-3 times daily.
This is a simple type of sugar found in plants in form of starch. It has been used in the treatment and mostly in the prevention of UTIs, D-mannose help to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
Nigeria foods that contain D-mannose are:
- cranberries (and cranberry juice)
- green beans
How to use D-mannose
There is a variety of products containing D-mannose. In deciding which to go for, you need to consider whether it’s for the prevention or treatment of UTI, doses, and the product you want to take. There is no entirely a clear dose to use but research suggested:
- 2 grams daily for prevention
- 1.5 gram 3 times daily for 14 days.
D-mannose is available in capsules and powder too.
The remedy above does not cost much to prepare and the recipes are always available in the market, you may get some in your garden. The remedy has been used to treat UTIs patients and it works perfectly well in healing the disease at its early stage. so, if you are dealing with a chronic or recurring UTI, you will need to support the home remedy with an organic infection solution for quick healing.
A lot of Nigerians has been trying to treat UTI with antibiotic and different other methods, all to no avail. the infection keeps coming back. if this describes your situation, you have a piece of good news here.
A single pack of our infection solution will give you a permanent solution. it will help to inhibit the growth of the bacteria, destroy their cells and heal any damage on the lining of the affected part of the urinary tract there.
If this post has helped you in anyway and you will like others to benefit for it, Click the share button below.