Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the common and treatable cause of infertility. With PCOS, It becomes harder to get pregnant because it can impact your menstruation cycle. As a hormonal condition, it tampers with more than just fertility. Approximately one in six infertile Nigerian women has PCOS.
Most of this women are on the look out on how best they can achieve pregnancy naturally with the condition. Of course, it is not absolutely impossible. It will only require some changes in their everyday life style and consistency in doing that. Here, we are going to be helping out with some necessary and most important tips on how to quickly get pregnant with PCOS.
PCOS symptoms and complications
- too few menstrual periods
- having your period for longer than usual
- not getting your period
- very heavy periods
- higher levels of male hormones like testosterone
- acne breakouts
- getting facial hair and extra hair in other places
- small cysts or bundles of fluid in the ovaries
- fewer eggs released from the ovaries
If PCOS is left untreated, it can raise your risk for other health conditions, like:
- type 2 diabetes
- sleep apnea (snoring)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
The first steps while trying to get pregnant with PCOS is to:
- Measure your weight and body mass index to ensure you have healthy body weight. If you carry extra weight try to lose before getting pregnant.
- Make it a habit to consume only healthy food such as fresh and cooked fruit and vegetables, brown rice, oats, barley, beans, lentils, chicken, fish and engage in regular exercises.
- Track your ovulation to help you have a better guess of the day in each month you are more likely to conceive.
- Check your blood sugar levels and be sure it is balanced. this is very important in getting pregnant, healthy pregnancy, and the future health of the baby.
- Ensure your thyroid is functioning well, this can be discovered through a lab test. Your thyroid could be blame If you have irregular periods, low libido, low body temperature, imbalanced thyroid hormone levels, anxiety/depression, and/or you’ve already struggled to get pregnant. Some women have undiagnosed hypothyroidism.
- Detox your life, Most of the product we use contains endocrine disruptors, fake estrogens and other harmful chemicals that mimic estrogen in the body leading to hormonal imbalance and infertility. To reduce this toxin, do away with toxic and harmful chemicals. Use more natural beauty products, cleaning products, and so on.
- Insulin resistance is another issue with PCOS that puts women at risk of developing type 2 diabetes and increasing infertility. To reverse the imbalance of blood sugar, Focus more on healthy fats, fiber, and protein, eating at regular intervals (especially first thing in the morning), and a couple of natural remedies.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, smoking, and any other unhealthy behavior.
Nigerian herb to boost fertility with PCOS
Cinnamon and Turmeric Tea
- 1 teaspoon of grated turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1½ cups of water
- Boil water and add turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon to it.
- Bring it to a boil and then simmer it on low flame for 10–15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add lemon juice to it.
- Drink this tea daily. Before bed.
When dealing with PCOS, Treatment begins with lifestyle changes such as your diet, exercise and so on. If you are overweight, you can aim at losing 5-10% of your weight to improve symptoms and the odds of getting pregnant.
The natural fertility kit is very effective in ameliorating the symptoms of PCOS, by balancing the hormone and reducing weight. it also helps to improve egg quality and simulates ovulation
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – Everything You Should Know About PCOS
- Top Nigerian Smoothie for PCOS
- Do Not Eat These 5 Things if You Have PCOS
- Improve Your Egg Quality with PCOS – Do This 3 Things
Kindly click the share button below if you find this post helpful.