It takes just one sperm and one egg to make a baby. a successful conception depends on a variety of factors like numbers and health of sperm, quality, and maturation of the egg, etc. with low sperm count, a man has fewer sperm that are able to attempt the journey to the fallopian tube. so the chances of getting pregnant significantly decrease. But with consistency in trying, effort to boost sperm count with lifestyle changes and herbal remedy, pregnancy can be achieved.
There are lots of question from women who are finding it difficult to conceive due to low sperm count of partner on how they can fall pregnant within short period despite the problem. We will be providing possible solutions in this article but firstly, lets look at very important
Causes of a low sperm count
The cause of low sperm count in many cases is not obvious but can be associated with:
- a hormone imbalance, such as hypogonadism (reduced hormone production)
- a genetic problem such as Klinefelter syndrome
- having had undescended testicles as a baby
- a structural problem — for example, the tubes that carry sperm being damaged and blocked by illness or injury, or being absent from birth
- a genital infection such as chlamydia, gonorrhea or prostatitis (infection of the prostate gland)
- varicoceles (enlarged veins in the testicles)
- previous surgery to the testicles or hernia repairs
- the testicles becoming overheated
- excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, and using drugs such as marijuana or cocaine
- certain medications, including testosterone replacement therapy, some antibiotics, and some antidepressants
- being overweight or obese
How many sperm are needed to get pregnant
For a woman to become pregnant, It will only take one healthy sperm to fertilize a mature egg.
A man releases nearly 100 million sperm on average each time he ejaculates. and you might want to ask, why should so much sperm be release when only one is needed to make a baby? well, experts believe it’s nature’s way of allowing only the healthiest sperm to fertilize the egg and in turn have a healthy baby.
How long does sperm live
Inside the body of a woman, sperm can live up to 5 days which means if a woman has sex a few days before ovulation she can still get pregnant.
Sperm can also live longer in warm baths or hot tubs because they thrive in wet places While on dry surfaces like clothing or bedding, sperm dies once semen dries up.
What can a man do to improve sperm health?
Engaging in a healthy lifestyle is all you need to do to improve your sperm health and :
- Don’t smoke or use illicit drugs, especially anabolic steroids.
- Avoid contact with toxins such as pesticides and heavy metals.
- Limit how much alcohol you drink.
- Eat a healthy diet and keep your weight under control.
- Keep your scrotum cool, because heat slows down the making of sperm.
- avoid hot baths, wear boxers instead of briefs, and try not to wear tight pants.
Why is semen analysis carried out
A semen analysis is usually performed to figure out why you and your partner are having a hard time trying to conceive. This test will reveal any sperm related problems by investigating:
Amount and thickness of semen
Normally, a man releases 2–6 milliliters(ML) of semen, or around half to 1Tbsp each time he ejaculates.
Anything less than that may not contain enough sperm and more than that could dilute the concentration of sperm making it difficult for a woman to get pregnant. so is thick semen which makes it difficult for sperm to move.
This is also known as sperm density that is the number of sperm in millions per milliliter of semen. 15,000,000 or more sperm per mL is considered normal.
this is to show the percentage of sperm in a sample that are moving and how they move. it is normal for at least 32% of sperm to be moving forward in a straight line, one hour after ejaculation.
Morphology, an analysis of the size, shape, and appearance of sperm.
How to get pregnant with a low sperm count
There are several couples that conceive with low sperm count usually within the second year of trying.
You can help maximize your chances of conceiving by:
- having sex every 2 or 3 days
- moderating your alcohol consumption and stopping smoking
- staying in good shape, exercising regularly, and having a healthy, balanced diet
- Use organic fertility treatment
African herbs to boost your fertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant
Herbs that increase fertility will nourish your reproductive system in order to function well and become fertile ground for conception. Here are some well known Nigerian herbs to increase fertility. Keep reading.
Cinnamon is a very effective herb in fighting infertility. it is known to help the ovaries function properly. One of the main cause of infertility in women is PCOS and cinnamon helps to treat it.
- Get a cup of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Drink it once daily for a few months.
- You may also decide to Include cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling it powder on your meal.
Garlic has a pungent smell but it is actually very effective in helping you become a parent.
It help to relax your blood vessels, and improves circulation. A proper blood flow is necessary to keep your organs in shape. organs like your ovaries and uterus. for men, adequate blood flow is necessary for erections
Simply Include garlic in all your diet for some weeks and wait for the good news. You may also chew 2 or more garlic cloves followed by a glass of milk every morning.
3) Nutmeg and Sugar
Nutmeg and sugar is known to be one of the best female sterility. Studies shows that nutmeg helps in reducing inflammation and helps in healing nerves.
- Take 3gm nutmeg powder and 3gm sugar.
- Mix both powders well and store in an airtight container
- Mix with one cup of cow’s milk and drink every day during your menstruation cycles. Start from the first day to the last day of your period
4) Chili powder
it improves endorphin production which make it a fertility-booster, and helps in stress-releasing, happy hormones circulating around your body. They are also a very rich source of vitamin C which helps with iron absorption.
Chili powder contains vitamin A that is enough for the required daily intake. It also helps in the improvement of eyesight and takes care of bones, teeth, skin, internal membranes and reproductive systems.
You can add chili to your soup and every other meal.
Turmeric is also a powerful antioxidant that has the ability to help the body fight free radicals, which hinders tissue degeneration and inhibits pro-inflammatory molecules.
Turmeric is highly medicinal for treating inflammatory conditions of the joints, muscles and nerves, autoimmune inflammation, autoimmune fertility health conditions and may be helpful for those dealing with fertility health conditions like uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts and premenstrual pain. Click here if you would like to get the female fertility pack
- 8 Best Food in Nigeria to Stop Premature Ejaculation
- Exercises that Can Help Men with Premature Ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction: How to Get Back Your Sex-Drive on Full Speed
- Natural Cure for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) in Nigeria
- 6 Ways to Naturally Increase Your Testosterone Levels
- Hyperprolactinemia: Causes and How it affects Fertility
- How can a Man tell if he is Infertile?
- Natural Remedies for Male Factor Infertility in Nigeria
Can low sperm count be cured?
What is the best fertility treatment for low sperm count?
Can low sperm count be increased?
How much sperm is required for getting pregnant?
Can you get pregnant with 1 mL of sperm?
What helps you get pregnant fast?
How can I get pregnant in 2 days?
How can I get pregnant fast naturally in 2 months
What pills can I take to get pregnant faster?
How can I get pregnant fast home remedies?
What fertility pills make twins?
How can I test my fertility?
How do I know if my husband is infertile?
Why am not getting pregnant when everything is normal?
Can I test my fertility at home?
How can a man tell if he is fertile?
How do you know if you cant conceive?
How can a woman tell if she is infertile?
Why am I not getting pregnant even though I am ovulating?
What to do if you can’t get pregnant?
How can I get pregnant in one month?
How do I start trying for a baby?
How long does it take average couple to get pregnant?
Did you get pregnant first month of trying?
How can I get twins?