Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder causing irregular periods in some women and prolonged bleeding in others. it affects women of reproductive age causing them to have unwanted hair growth and male kind of baldness due excessive male hormones.
Women with PCOS may find it difficult to get pregnant due to irregular menstruations, ovulatory failure, heavy prolonged bleeding and lack of menstruation. Some may get regular period but may fail to ovulate.
Infertility is common among women with PCOS But they can still get pregnant and still sustain a full-term pregnancy. One main way to achieve this is to take their diet serious, eat food that are beneficial to the condition. in this article, we will be looking at those food and some Nigerian smoothie that has to be taken regular to regulate to prepare the body for pregnancy and put symptoms of PCOS in check. keep reading!
Here are Some superfoods for fertility:
- Maca root powder
- Chia seeds
- Organic eggs
- Nuts such as almonds, cashews, brazil nuts etc.
- Sunflower seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- And others
we have different healthy Nigerian smoothies here, you can try them one after the other to pick the taste that suite you. then endeavor to drink it everyday to increase your chances of getting pregnant and also get rid of the symptoms of PCOS.
Pineapple Coconut Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is highly rich in fertility supporting nutrient such as fiber, folate, vitamins C, E, and B, iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (for easy blending)
- 1 medium sized banana (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
- 1 cup of Coconut milk/Almond milk/Greek yoghurt
Spinach Apple Cucumber Smoothie
This trio contains a valuable nutrients. a glass of the smoothie is rich in vitamins A, C and K, fiber, magnesium, iron, manganese, folate, and potassium. You can also low fat yoghurt to improve the taste of spinach or ugwu
- A handful of washed spinach/ ugwu leaves
- 1 medium sized chopped apple
- 1 medium sized chopped cucumber
- ½ tsp of ginger (optional for a hint of spice)
- Crushed ice cubes (optional)
- 1 cup of low-fat/greek yoghurt
Orange Pineapple Carrot Smoothie
This smoothie is sweet , you may also add pineapples to give it the tropical flavor. this smoothie is rich in
- 2 whole oranges (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 2 whole carrots (washed and chopped)
- 1 cup of diced pineapples
- ¼ tsp of turmeric or ginger (optional for spice)
- 1 cup of water or low fat yoghurt (base)
- Crushed ice cubes
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- 1 small ripe avocado
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp manuka honey
- 1 big handful baby spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries/raspberries/blackberries
- 1 cup organic lemonade
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
Precious Pineapple Fertility Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh/frozen pineapple (try to include the pineapple core – the hard part in the center of the pineapple)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 red apple
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Preparation of these smoothies is quite simple and the same. Which ever of the smoothies you like prepare, wash and cut up their recipes, put them in the blender and blend for 1-3 minutes until its smooth. you can pour into a strainer to have the juice only.
Click the share button below, if you find this post helpful