Fruits are known to contain natural sugars, They are a rich source of vitamins, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and are one of the main sources of carbohydrates that PCOS patients can include in their diet. We will be sharing with you those fruits you can add to your diet and have regularly as a PCOS patient.
List of best fruits for PCOS
These are common fruits that can be gotten in store around you in Nigeria. we will be classifying them base on their sugar content to help you know those you can always consume.
Fruits with the lowest sugar content
- lemons (lime)
- kiwi rich in potassium and Vitamin C
- Grapefruit rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C
Fruits with the highest sugar content
- Apple rich in antioxidant like vitamin C
- Oranges rich in Vitamin C and minerals like selenium
- Kiwi reach in Vitamin c and vitamin K
- Mangos rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- Grapes high in antioxidant
- Ripe Bananas (Unripe bananas have a lower sugar content) potassium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, and so much more.
- Pineapple-rich source of vitamin C and manganese.
Lifestyle and dietary changes is very important for a woman with PCOS wanting to manage the symptoms.
All fruits are healthy and they can help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and regulate insulin, it is important to differentiate fruits with the lowest amount of natural sugar from those with higher sugar content. More of those with low sugar can be consumed regularly, while others should be eaten in moderation. more so, fruits like oranges, apples and some other fall in the middle when it comes to their sugar content.
- Trying to Get Pregnant with PCOS? – What You Should Do
- Top Nigerian Smoothie for PCOS
- Do Not Eat These 5 Things if You Have PCOS
Click on the share button below if you find this post helpful